AbsoluteJOI is science-backed and formulated specifically for women of color.
Created by medical researcher, Dr. Anne Beal, AbsoluteJOI is a new Black-owned beauty company offering science-backed products that are formulated specifically for women of color. Through her research, Dr. Beal found that 70 percent of women of color say that the products currently available don’t work for them. So, she created a line that does.
This vegan and cruelty-free skincare brand focuses on products that address the unique signs of aging specifically for women of color. Dr. Beal’s mission is to offer people with all skin types and tones simple and effective solutions for renewed radiance and healthy, balanced skin. AbsoluteJOI works to promote skin health and address the various needs of deeper tones with products formulated to reduce damage and inflammation that causes aging, hyperpigmentation, dark spots and sensitivity.
The five-step line includes:
- Sunflower & Moringa Cleansing Oil ($45) – This gentle but effective deep cleansing oil removes dirt and excess oil, and dissolves makeup. It rinses away leaving your skin clean, fresh and hydrated.
- Hydrating Gel Foam Cleanser ($37) – This pH-balancing facial cleanser gently lifts impurities to leave skin clean, fresh and hydrated.
- Balancing pH Skin Toner With Aloe ($39) – This hydrating, alcohol-free toner is designed to balance your skin’s pH after cleansing, while the added organic aloe, oat and hyaluronic acid calm and hydrate.
- Skin Refining Night Oil with Retinol ($57) – This total skincare treatment addresses fades dark marks, boosts radiance, and evens out skin tone and texture with added hydration.
- Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 40 ($42) – Tis nutrient-rich, non-greasy cream leaves your skin feeling moisturized, while providing high UVA protection and lightweight hydration for up to 8 hours.